July 24, 2013

Crochet Placemat



     Here is a very simple project that can be completed almost anywhere. I made a set of these Placemats for my mom, and she loves them. As you can see from some of the stains, they have been used for quite a while now; but still work just as well as the day I made them!



Supplies:
     worsted weight yarn in your desired color choice
     9.00 mm crochet hook
     sewing tape measure
     scissors

Abbreviations Used:
     ch --- chain
     hdc --- half-double crochet
     st/sts --- stitch/stitches
     slp st --- slip stitch

Notes:
     --- For my project, I used Gold Red Heart Super Saver Yarn.
     --- These Placemats would great if you were to use a multi-color yarn; plus it would save you the hassel of having to change colors while yoiu worked.




~Pattern~

     ch 35; ch 2, turn
     Row 1: 1hdc in each ch across - 35sts
     Rows 2-end: ch 2, turn; 1hdc in each st across - 35sts
     * The number of Rows required will depend on how tightly you stitch.
     * Continue working in back and forth until the piece measures 18-inches long.
     Final Row: ch 1, turn;  1 slp st in each st across - 35 slp sts
     Fasten off; tie off and trim all loose threads.

  


     This pattern is my own creation, so please do not sell, distribute, post on any other websites or claim it as your own. If you wish to share my design with others, post a link to my page. 
     I do not care if you sell the finished item you make at a craft fair, fundraiser, or just give it away as a gift; but please do give me credit for the pattern.





No comments:

Post a Comment