March 21, 2012

Crochet Scarf



       Everyone should have a go-to scarf pattern. All you need is a skein of yarn, a crochet hook, and an afternoon :)




Supplies:
     9.00 mm crochet hook
     1 7-oz skein of worsted weight yarn
     * I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Delft Blue for my project.
     scissors

Abbreviations Used:
     ch --- chain
     hdc --- half-double crochet
     st/sts --- stitch/stitches
     sc --- single crochet

Notes:
     --- Using a multi-colored yarn will create a nice design without the hassle of having to change colors.


 ~Pattern~

     Chain 18; ch 2, turn.
     Row 1: 1hdc in each st across - 18sts
     Rows 2-End: ch 2, turn; 1hdc in each st across - 18sts
     * The number of total Rows needed will depend on how long you want your scarf to be.
     Final Row: ch 1, turn; 1sc in each st across - 18sts
     Fasten off; tie off and trim all loose threads.


     This pattern is my own creation, so please do not sell, distribute, post on any other websites, or claim it as your own. If you wish to share my design with others, post a link to my page. 
     I do not care if you sell the finished item you make at a craft fair, fundraiser, or just give it away as a gift; but please do give me credit for the pattern.




No comments:

Post a Comment